Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday 18th April 2012…….almost there!!!!

Today was just a short driving day just went 20 miles down the road to yet another waterfall…this time at Silver Falls State park just outside of Salem Oregon.

IMG_9983

For the first time in months I had to wear my sweat pants, raincoat, hat and umbrella for the hike.

Sit back and enjoy these great photos I had the trails all to myself and it was so serene to be able to hear the rush of the water and two of the falls you could actually go behind the falls a neat experience!!!

IMG_0010

IMG_0005-001

IMG_0006-001

IMG_0011

IMG_0008

IMG_0001This is from behind the fall!!!

IMG_0017

IMG_0022

IMG_0013

It was now noon and I was a little wet but really enjoyed the walk and the falls!!

I did some more research and found that another 15 miles away in the small town of

IMG_0027

which is also

IMG_0028

was an RV Park that would accept my Passport America discount card so I headed there and was settled in by 1pm!!!

IMG_0029

IMG_0034

This is one of the nicest RV parks I have been in complete full facilities with Wi-Fi and all for $17…..a real bargain.

this is inside the clubhouse

IMG_0033-001

I like this photo they had in the lobby!!!

IMG_0030

The rain actually stopped and the sun came out..

IMG_0036

So I did a little hand laundry, dried out my runners, did some house hold chores all the time listening to my music on the I pod…….

Next was a real long hot shower a good supper and now I am listening to the hockey game which I predict that the Canucks will win………… and the Kings have just scored so 1 – 0 after one period.

Now I am going to get all my cupboards and stuff sorted out for the border crossing on Friday..I have decided to go  back the same way as last year up to Port Angeles and the ferry to Victoria.

I received this letter this afternoon from my lovely Daniela!!!!!

d

 

Hello Les,
How are you doing? I am very well. I am back to my English class and I had a good time during the Easter vacation. I didn´t go out during the vacation. I spent my time with the Madres studying Mathematics. You know that Math are very hard for me but I am trying. When I say that I didn´t go out I mean I didn´t go to spend time with friends or to a family´s house but I was able to go swimming with the Madres and other girls. I am taller!
The weather is very hot in San Miguel, how about you? How is the weather? I hope you are having a good time and I miss you too.
I better go to my class.
I love you,
Kisses, Dani ( I typed my name!)

and this one from my special Paola!!

p

 

Dear Les,
I am back to school and I am very happy to tell you that I studied my tables during the vacation time. I went to stay with my mother and my brothers and sisters. I like to see them very much but I am sad too because I don´t see my mother very much because she goes to work and I stay at home with my brothers and sisters and a woman comes to watch us until my mother comes back. Anyway, I had a good time playing with my family and I tried to study math and read a little bit every day. I am happy being back and I promise you I will keep studying.
I hope you are doing fine. I miss you very much and I am looking forward to seeing you in September. Take care.
Hugs,
Paola

Map picture

My Friday destination!!

Map picture

Well all the cupboards and drawers sorted out and you haven’t seen this emblem before

images

As I predicted the Canucks on their way to victory…Game 5 in Vancouver on Sunday and I shall be home on the “Bank” watching on the big screen!!!!

 

Yashi Koshi!!!!

2 comments:

Betty Graffis said...

Honk as you pass by the Oregon City exit if you are taking I-205 North. We love the area you camped in. And we love the Oregon Gardens in near Silverton. Hope to meet you one day.
Betty and Joe

mexicokid said...

it is for sure a wonderful part of the country..thanks for reading my blog..Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...