Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Tuesday 3rd April 2012….Guess where I am sleeping tonight!!!!

Well last night was very quiet and a good sleep but a little cooler I had to use my duvet for the first time in months and this morning bright and sunny and really a great day.

I was thinking I am so lucky to have a home on wheels…all the miles without any really serious problems, so she drinks a lot so what!!

Last night I had a great hot shower, ate a dinner I had prepared and froze, had tea and cookies and watched a movie and even had the Internet, then a great sleep and breakfast and a read of my last newspaper!!!!

Life is good!!!

I went for a walk through the small town and found this shop…

IMG_9567

Just perhaps my freezer is stocked with 7 pieces of fresh strawberry/rhubarb crumble pie!!!!!!!

I then went exploring and had read on the Internet of a waterfall close to this town, so off I went.

IMG_9568 

Well I had come all this way so I did the smart thing parked Ramona and took off Bonita packed up the essentials and off I went for 8 miles on roads like this!!

IMG_9570

The scenery was lovely!!

IMG_9575

 

IMG_9572

 

IMG_9576Soon arrived at the trail head and set out on foot!!

IMG_9577

IMG_9578

IMG_9580

The trail was not too bad but it was downhill hill so I knew I had that climb on the way back….I had really good directions but when I got to the bottom there was a sign saying Falls and an arrow pointing left……now the first left was a bit of an angle and then another left like at right angles…I had seen no one and did not know which one to take…my directions said to take the left fork and then I will cross over a stream onto the falls…so I took the first left turn and sure enough in about a mile I came to this

IMG_9583

which I crossed over and continued walking but I had a feeling something was not right I was going away from the river and I decided it was not right so I turned around and came back but I reckon I walked about 4 miles in total.  When I came back to the first stream I looked at the water…..at this point I would like to introduce you a to a stupid old grey haired man!!!!!   ME!!!!!!!  if I had looked at the direction the water was flowing I would have realized I was going down stream and not up stream!!!!

So went back to the junction and took the second left and came across another crossing

IMG_9584

and could hear the falls so I knew I was right……

 

now before I go any further I want to tell you that I am still getting into trouble over my April fools prank the last person my Brother to chastise me…so I apologize again and will not do anything like that again…

 

so here I have driven 8 miles on Bonita…hiked about 5 miles and seen no one and I come to the falls and I swear this is my first view I see…this is true!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_9588

IMG_9591

 

OK I just had to do that there was about 10 girls and guys there all dressed like this…

IMG_9587

The falls were stunning, so lovely…sat and had my lunch and it was awesome!!!

IMG_9592

IMG_9594

It was just a wonderful time and the hike back was OK and I got back to Ramona 5 hours later…it was hot and sunny so I pulled out the lounger and had a snooze!!!!!

Then back on the road to the town of my tonight’s stop.

So to answer the question where am I sleeping tonight???

 

 

 

I am in the town of Ramona!!!!!!

IMG_9598

IMG_9597

I did find a car wash and got all the sand off Ramona…

IMG_9596

You know I realized today I am always talking about Ramona but forgetting that is not her full name…her full name is Ramona Valeda!!!!!!  Which means in Greek a wise protector'!!!!!  Just wanted to mention that!!!

Now I am settled for the night again in the parking lot of the library and again with Wi-Fi..

IMG_9599

For you tennis buffs one claim this town has to fame!!!!!

On Mother's Day, 13 May 1973, Ramona entered the national spotlight. 55 year old former tennis great turned hustler, Bobby Riggs, challenged the then 30 year old women's world number one player, Margaret Court, to a match. The match was staged at Ramona's San Diego Country Estates. Riggs won easily, 6-2, 6-1. He later lost to Billie Jean King in The Battle of the Sexes at the Houston, Texas, Astrodome, on 20 September 1973

I remember that so well…

So in for the night and I had an awesome day!!!!

 

Yashi Kochi!!

Map picture

3 comments:

Rick said...

Welcome to California Les - we all brake for bikinis here. Keep your eyes on the road ;>)

Kevin Read said...

Lol...you crack me up Les.

mexicokid said...

I have to be careful what I put on the blog now but it was so unreal hiking all that way into the wilderness and there right in front of me.....hopefully I did it in a tasteful way...the waterall was really fantastic...L

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...