Thursday, April 05, 2012

Thursday 5th April 2012……the list of great days just goes on!!!

So after my early post of yesterday afternoon I proceed on the big Interstate till the turn off I was looking for and the small highway took me high into the mountains here looking back is Lake Elsinore…

IMG_9602

Then I soon found the turn out I needed for the falls hike tomorrow and I was hoping there would be somewhere to park but there wasn’t but after about ten minutes of driving around I found a small side road leading into the Cleveland National forest and up the road about one mile I found my spot for the night!!

IMG_9603

IMG_9614

Looks good for a quiet night.

When I was in Ramona this morning I bought this lovely shirt

IMG_9605

IMG_9606

Also in town was a large Thrift store and on a whim I went in..I have been looking for one of those short sleeve silk like classy shirts that looks nice but washes and dries and does not wrinkle and is light weight.

Well was I in luck found these 4 shirts….

IMG_9604

Just what I was looking for and the price was $4.99 each shirt but as I was going through the check out the lady said to me….”Can I ask you a personal question?”   Oh no I thought what next….she said “I am not being rude but if you happen to be a senior citizen you get 10% off”  I smiled and said thank you and yes indeed I was an old guy…so my 4 shirts cost me $17.95…how about that for a deal!!!!

Had super and watched a great movie The life of David Gayle that I had rented from the Red Box vending machine….they have put their prices up from $1.09 to $1.29 still a good buy because I can return it to any other Red box location!!

A wonderful sleep and I was hoping to see some animals from the windows this morning but no such luck….on the road by 8.30am and was at the trail head for the falls a few minutes later!!!!

IMG_9615

Although I think I have to call this one a water trickle not water fall!!

IMG_9616

IMG_9617

The black stain in the middle is the water flowing!!!!

Anyway it was a great way to start the day.

I then drove about 30 miles to

IMG_9624

do you know the song about the swallows???

IMG_9631

A lovely Mission town!!

IMG_9626

IMG_9632

IMG_9633

IMG_9634

IMG_9635

IMG_9636

IMG_9647

IMG_9641

IMG_9649

IMG_9653-001

I love this photo above and below it is inverted,,,neat eh???

IMG_9653

It was a great afternoon!!

My friend Karen sent me this thought it was cool!!!

1

An early post again as I am heading for the coast and hope to camp somewhere with a water view…I have another Red Box movie to watch tonight.

Tomorrow I head to Marina del Rey a suburb of Los Angeles to meet my old time friend Stella and her family… she is in town for a few days as her young Grand Daughter is a National ranked Junior tennis player and is in town for some tournaments…I think it is going to be an hectic time and not sure yet where I shall park Ramona…so if there is no blog for a few days not to worry …….

I also want to wish everyone reading a very happy, special, safe and healthy Easter weekend!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

Map picture
Map picture

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...