Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday 12th April 2012..switching sports!!!

It seems a little strange not to write about Ashley’s exploits……but now we have to focus on the Stanley Cup playoffs….hockey for those not in the know!!!!

Let me state in the beginning although I live on Vancouver Island in the Province of British Columbia for reasons I truly cannot explain, I do not root for the home team the Canucks…I go for which ever team they are playing against.

Last night was the start of the playoffs and the Canucks are playing the Los Angeles Kings……because of my very favorite sports hero 99  (if anybody does not know what that means you are instantly banned from my blog!!!!) used to play for the Kings I naturally am rooting for them……so I was happy to see the Canucks loose the first game last night 4-2….

p12770294nm

I may as well get use to the abuse I am going to take when I get home next week to my family on the Bank, Heather and Kirby and the three boys are huge Canuck fans so on game day they invite the neighbors downstairs to watch the game on the big screen and they are all decked out in their Canucks paraphernalia and there is little old me sat in the corner, quietly saying “Go Kings”!!!!!!

Ok onto this morning had a great sleep and I did not realize what a hectic 6 days I had just had and I needed some down time so took the lesser used highways that are quiet and like this

IMG_9758

and started north!!!

Didn’t lie the weather today

IMG_9757

but it did stop but still not the desert heat I am used to!!!

I arrived in the quaint town of San Luis Obispo famous for its

IMG_9763

The mission is quite lovely too!!!

IMG_9761

IMG_9780

The town blocks off to traffic  seven blocks right in the center and the market was very wonderful……

IMG_9771

IMG_9774

You just know I bought some of these!!!

IMG_9773

I then found this store that sold Cornish Pasties!!!!  memories of good old England!!!

IMG_9776

While I was waiting for the two pies I ordered to be cooked I stayed for this great bowl of Irish stew!!!

IMG_9778

 

I then got back on the round about 7.30pm   found a McD’s to do the blog now going to look for somewhere to spend the night.

Map picture

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...