Monday, April 02, 2012

Monday 2nd April 2012….back in the good old US of A!!!!!!

Was on the road by 8.30am and the road was a good one through sand desserts!!

IMG_9542

Followed by sand storms…

IMG_9544

 

So much for Ramona’s wax job!!!!

The driving was easy not much traffic and then I came to the first of three Military checkpoints…I was stopped at each one and each time the young soldier came inside and opened every cupboard I have not figured out yet why they open all the cupboards and not open any of the outside compartments!!!

IMG_9546

Good job there is a separate line for the trucks!!

After the sand came the mountains…

IMG_9550

After 280 miles I arrived at the border in Tecate…

IMG_9555

I knew what the problem was going to be here……I would be unable to return my Tourist Visa in and I need to do that I so I had to go through the Border, which they just asked me about eggs and meat and then park Ramona on the USA side and then walk back into Mexico and return my visa then walk back into the USA….so with that done and my passport stamped I back in the States!!!!

IMG_9559

As you remember I like small town America so have planned a route into the mountains and saw my first sign of!!!!!!!!

IMG_9560

IMG_9561

Yes the dreaded white stuff!!!!

The view from the summit was lovely!!!

IMG_9563

I arrived in the small town of Julian, California around 5pm and scouted out where to park and finished up here

IMG_9565

I asked permission to stay overnight in the parking lot and was told it was OK and even using the free Wi-Fi from the library!!

IMG_9566

So I am all set up for the night had supper and now a shower then you know the rest tea, cookies and a movie…..tomorrow I am headed to a waterfall I read about…blessings !!

Map picture
Map picture

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...