Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wednesday 28th March 2012……checking out the town!!!

It is I think 5 years since I was last in this town which when translated is called Rocky Point and on my walk this morning I realize why it got that name!!!

IMG_9446

IMG_9454

 

IMG_9447

I then went into the old part of town and this is the restaurant that Linda and Guy spent a lot of years making very successful!!!

IMG_9450

Sad to say the town has died in recent years and this whole block is up for sale or rent and the streets are deserted!!!

IMG_9449

This store has been here for years I have never quite seen so much junk in all my life I think the caption here should be..”Honey I am just going in for a look around be back in 5!!!!!!!”

IMG_9453

I stopped in at the the little hotel where I first stayed and Jorge the owner remembered me and my name..this is the hotel where Al Capone used to stay and the rooms used to be brothels!!!

IMG_9455

I came back to the park and the guy that was going to look at at water intake valve problem came over and lucky for me he had the part that I needed…which was the whole system and he  installed it and I am good to go unfortunately he was an American repair man and he changed USA prices…. 60 dollars total but it is installed and works so I am happy!!!

IMG_9442

IMG_9111

I then spent a couple of hours in the park on R & R duty and an amazing place in those two hours I was approached by a man selling shrimp from his car, a vendor selling blankets, a lady selling baskets and another guy who was in a car with two women asking if I wanted a woman for the afternoon!!!!!!  Only in Mexico!!!

This evening I took Lesley out for dinner and we went to Ramón's restaurant, he is the man that worked for Linda and Guy for years and he now owns his own place, sad to say he is out of town for a couple of days so we did not get to see him but the food was really good but only 4 people there!!!!

The Wi-Fi is down at the moment so I will post when I can….blessings !!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...