Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tuesday 21st February 2012…Turtle day!!!

At 7am this morning Paula,Jerry and I went for our beach walk…what a lovely view!!!

IMG_8618

IMG_8619

P & J told me that at night this beach is famous for the turtles coming in and digging huge holes and laying their eggs…we stayed up last night waiting for them but did not see any… but this morning we could see so many tracks and the tracks look just like those made by a quad bikes!!

We walked through the village saw little Lupita, the owners of the restaurant’s daughter going to school!!

IMG_8622

We then walked by the army base and then back onto the beach by the Turtle Sanctuary!!

IMG_8658

Paula was the first to see this gal just up ahead!!!

IMG_8624

We could not believe our luck..she was having trouble trying to get back to the ocean about 100 feet away so Jerry and I decided to help!!!!

IMG_8627

IMG_8629

Let me tell you she was heavy!!!

IMG_8628

But worth it to see this!!!!

IMG_8632

I don’t think I shall ever forget this time!!!!

I love this photo below!!

IMG_8636

What a wonderful way to start a day!!!

The morning was taken up with breakfast, finishing my novel!!

IMG_8646

Shopping!!

IMG_8643

Going to the Cyber café and then I decided to walk the length of the beach!!

IMG_8654

X marks my destination!!!!

The beach was really busy first there was these guys..

IMG_8647

then this gal!!

IMG_8656

and this old timer!!

IMG_8661

and finally !!IMG_8664

With this old critter keeping an eye on things!!!

IMG_8665

X marks the spot where I came from!!

IMG_8667

It was a great walk and so was the swim afterwards.

Now I do not know if this true or not but I was informed when I got in my lounger and had a snooze I woke up everyone with my snoring!!!!!

Around 5pm P & J and Chris and Ken and I decided to walk to the other end of the beach and it was again a spectacular walk!!

IMG_8685

IMG_8680

IMG_8687

IMG_8693

IMG_8711

IMG_8714IMG_8712

IMG_8721

IMG_8718

As we were walking back a lady in a palapa called me over she had these babies which she said she was going to put in the ocean tonight!!!

IMG_8729

IMG_8730

So ended a great day…wonderful friends and special memories…..wish Paola and Daniela had been here to see the sights but I know Carolyn will print off the photos and take them and show the girls!!!

So what will tomorrow bring???

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...