Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday16th February 2012…...whoosh!!!!

That is how today went by for me…..

Of course it was still a bit cool and gloomy this morning as I headed down town to a local hotel where the Canadian Consul for Mexico was giving a talk on the role of the embassy…it was quite an informative meeting and about 200 people were in attendance!!

IMG_8510I didn’t really learn anything pertinent to my move here except that I should register with the Embassy on my arrival here in September.

From this meeting I went to an appointment with a Canadian tax consultant….this was a great meeting and the consultation opened my mind to a few different options that I have and will have to investigate further when I am back in Canada!!

Then from this meeting to Café Monet to meet a friend who had some issues he wanted to talk to me about and I enjoyed the meeting and hope the little advice I gave was OK!!!

Next stop was out to Linda and Guy’s casa so say goodbye to these two wonderful people.  I have just about forgiven them for not going an their usual winter trip to Tucson and I live in their Casa..with cable, with Vonage phone and all the other lovely amenities.

Linda and Guy you have been my very good friends for nearly ten years now and I love you both for your friendship, help and always having my best interests at heart…I shall miss you but September will soon be here and my Sunday nights will be spoken for with supper and watching Heartland on TV!!!!  Thanks for baby sitting Ramona!!!!!  Stay healthy both of you!!!!

Now it is time to go to Casa Hogar as I had asked Robin to meet with me and Paola and for Robin to translate whilst I spoke to Paola!!!

I will not divulge the text of the conversation because it is very personal but I will tell you that I said everything I wanted to tell her….we had a big hug and tears were shed by us all but she knows she is loved unconditionally.  Then sweet Daniela came and through Robin I told the girls that I was leaving on Saturday but returning in September and to stay here which brought smiles to their faces!!!

I get to take them out tomorrow afternoon for the last time so I look forward to that and Carolyn is going to come with me!!

Now back at Ramona it was supper, got cleaned up now making sure my final preparations are done for my departure on Saturday morning!!!!

Did I mention huge thunderstorm and showers as I write!!!

1 comment:

GoneRving said...

Glad to know that the Canadian Consulate is so active in caring for their citizens.

Mike and Dee White

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...