Thursday, February 09, 2012

Thursday 9th February 2012…the big Valentine Party!!!

Ok enough of these cold somber skies to wake up to!!!!!!

Today is the day of the big swanky Valentine party being held at the very luxurious Hotel Matilda and the proceeds are going to Casa Hogar so it was a busy day starting off at 9am and me meeting Robin and the hotel staff and going over all the details which because of the nature of the way it is in Mexico changes daily…but we seemed to sort out most of the issues.

I then came home for a couple of hours and started to pack up some of my things ready for me to vacate Casita Doris and get Ramona back to the RV park on Saturday.

At 3pm back to the Hotel Matilda for a final run through of the evenings activities and this is when I found out that only four girls from Casa Hogar would be in attendance…..I cannot tell you why because I really don’t know I was hoping my girls would be there but it was not to be.

Anyway we got everything ready and the dining room looked really lovely!!!

IMG_8418

IMG_8419

IMG_8420

This was taken just before the sun went down and the heavens opened and the rain poured down!!

IMG_8421

The group of entertainers were called Gravity works and they were amazing!!!

IMG_8417

The evening was a wonderful success and Robin must get all the credit…the food looked and smelled wonderful, the entertainment and the raffle prizes were well received…I was asked as Canadian Director to give a speech and work the room…well most of you know that I am very shy and reserved and don’t do well in situations like this but I bit the bullet and did my best!!!!!  Relax remember it is my blog and I can write whatever I want it doesn’t have to be true!!!

Did I mention that the table of 5 single women were fighting over me at the end of the evening all wanting to take me home!!!!!!…take note CP!!!!!!

IMG_8428

IMG_8429

IMG_8424

The four girls from Casa Hogar were a hit and I made sure they were part of the evening and they were a huge credit to CH….it was a wonderful evening and the guests although only 24 and not the 60 we had hoped for all said they had the best time in a long time.

Jorge the official CH photographer was there and I am sure in the next couple of days he will forward more great photos to me to post here…..

Another special day!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...