Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday 19th February 2012..…always a good day for me when I see a waterfall!!!

The Programa Pueblos Mágicos ("Magical Villages Programme") is an initiative led by Mexico's Secretariat of Tourism (SECTUR), in conjunction with other federal and state agencies, to promote a series of towns around the country that offer visitors a "magical" experience – by reason of their natural beauty, cultural riches, or historical relevance.

A "Magical Village" is a place with symbolism, legends, history, important events, day-to-day life – in other words, "magic" in its social and cultural manifestations, with great opportunities for tourism.[1]

The programme was launched in 2001 and, by 2011, a total of 47 towns and villages in 28 different states had been awarded the title pueblo mágico.

 

The above was taken from Wikipedia!!

I think so far I have visited about 30 of them and today went to another one!!!!

Got Bonita ready and away by 10am!!

IMG_8551

This is a lovely little town reminiscence of the Swiss Alps!!!

The church is very beautiful!!!

IMG_8553

IMG_8559

The town center!!

IMG_8554

IMG_8558

There is a waterfall on the outskirts of town that I have tried to find three times in the past but without any success but I was determined today was going to be the day and it was!!!

IMG_8560

I found the entrance left Bonita and paid the 15 pesos entrance fee and walked down a beautiful road

IMG_8562

Passed some beautiful homes!!

IMG_8564

IMG_8576

After about a 30 minute walk came to the falls!!!

IMG_8568

The top of the falls.

IMG_8569

It was possible to hike to the base and this really was a special moment being surrounded by the falls, trees and silence!!!!!

IMG_8573

IMG_8575

IMG_8571

I was happy to have found this place!!!!

I then drove to the other town just by the RV park

IMG_8577

This also is a really beautiful town!!

IMG_8580

IMG_8581

IMG_8582

There is a lovely walkway down by the lake!!

IMG_8585

Came back to the RV park by 3pm and did two solid hours of chores cleaned Ramona and Bonita emptied and filled all the tanks and got everything ready for my departure tomorrow!!!

Map picture

My destination tomorrow is a small beach town called Maruata where my great friends Paula and Jerry are and I shall stay about a week so for the next few days you can refer to me as Surfer kid!!!

The only down side is no Wi-Fi but there is a small cyber café in the town so I am told so I will e mail when I can and blog when I can BUT please if you do not hear from me for a few days do not sell all your possessions and come looking for me!!!

Blessings to all my special friends and readers!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...