Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday 12th February 2012 ..I have no idea what to put for a heading!!!

It rained all night but I had a great first night sleep back in Ramona..of course our regular tennis morning was cancelled and I doubt I shall be able to play again before I leave on Saturday as it is raning and more rain in the weekly upcoming forecast!!!!  Enough about the weather…I did get wet again going back to Casita Doris and making sure every thing was done and then I took a taxi to pick up Sara and we went up to Casa Hogar for the Valentine Party.

All the girls looked so pretty most of them wearing red, the hall was beautifully decorated and a friend Carol had brought some great cards and stickers for the girls to make cards and they were all so busy and quiet.  Sara brought a huge box of beads and between making cards and beads the girls played for over two hours and of course not one cry, scream of fight occurred!!!

Enjoy the photos!!!

2

Sara, Anna and Carmelita!!

IMG_8444

IMG_8447The bead table!!

IMG_8453My Daniela!!

IMG_8454

IMG_8471

Carol had arranged for pizzas and drinks and a lovely Valentine Cake….I was planning to play games with the girls and had a few games ready to go but the girls were so enjoying the beads and cards there was no time for games….after the food one of the Madres asked the girls to clean and it was a amazing with in 10 minutes they had everything done!!!IMG_8479

Then it was off to the dining room where we sat the girls down and they watched the Disney Video Happy Feet!!!

It was a lovely and special time for me to be there and it was great to see all the kids having fun!!

 

There is always a BUT….and it is to do with Paola…that poor little girl is so sad she spent most of the afternoon sitting by herself and she wanted really nothing to do with me I tried to sit and talk with her but I was not getting through to her!!

IMG_8449

IMG_8464

1

When I left she would not say goodbye or hug me..it broke my heart!!!

Outside I spoke to Robin and it appears her Mother was at CH yesterday telling her she is going to come home and Paola so wants to go but the Madres have told her that she needs to stay at CH till the end of this school semester and she needs to improve her attitude and manners at CH!!!

I need to sit down with Robin and talk more about this but it does appear that Paola will go home in the summer….I have always described her to my friends as fearless and fiery but I am afraid her spirit is broken and I only hope she is able to recover and get stronger and no matter where she goes I fully intend if possible to play a role in her life..sorry for such a forlorn tale!!!

This evening I went up to Linda and Guy’s for a lovely meal and Linda and I watched our favorite show and now 9pm back in Ramona and settled in for the night!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...