Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday 25th February 2012…..Barra de Navidad!!!

Paula and Jerry cooked me poached eggs for breakfast and by 9am I was on the road heading north.  I had a wonderful stay with them and I hope to see them in a few days when they travel this way!!

The almost 4 hour journey was really uneventful and the only cause for concern was if I was going to have pork sandwiches for lunch!!!!!

IMG_8838

The turn off..

IMG_8841

I have been coming down to this town for over 17 years and know the area well and I am settled into a small park where I have stayed before. The really nice owner told me she was actually closed but would let me stay because I was so nice when I was last here…..no comments please!!!!

It is actually a large place with apartments but the large parking area has been converted to accommodate 4 RV’s…..so I am the only one here it is very quiet, spotlessly clean, full facilities, great Wi-Fi and about 4 blocks to the beach and right behind me is a gate that leads to a lovely walkway along the lagoon…..and the price 12 dollars a night!!!

IMG_8843

IMG_8846Bathroom and shower!!

IMG_8847

IMG_8849

right behind Ramona!!!

IMG_8848

IMG_8851I am behind the big brown gate in the middle!!

IMG_8852

 I already had a quick visit with my special friends, Barb, Joy, Frank and Colin and will see lots of them in the days ahead.

I also had a visit with another special friend who is here for a few more days.  Inga and I have known each other for over 15 years and have a history together and we are now good friends and it was nice to visit with her son Kailen for an hour this afternoon before he left for the airport to return to Nanaimo…Kailen and I also go back a long way!!!

So it is now 9pm and ready for that tea and movie……..I wish you all a great Sunday!!!!

Map picture

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...