Saturday, February 25, 2012

Monday 20th February 2012…….Beach Baby Beach Baby!!!!

I left this morning at 9am under clear and sunny skies and the drive was 6 hours and about 190 miles!!!

IMG_8593

See the snow top mountain in the center in the distance??

IMG_8595

This area is big on sugar cane!!

IMG_8598

A couple of short toll roads but mainly small twisty roads like this!!

IMG_8604

Then my first sighting of the ocean in nearly four months!!!

IMG_8603

Around 3pm I saw the turn off for the town of Maruata…

IMG_8605

and soon enough I saw Paula and Jerry’s camper next to their friend’s Chris and Ken!!

IMG_8617

I am parked just across the street!!

 

It was lovely to connect with P & J again and after quick hugs I was off into the ocean…..the swim was divine!!!!!

IMG_8653

I am about 100 feet from these views!!!

IMG_8606

IMG_8607

IMG_8611

IMG_8612

The local fisherman

IMG_8614

It is so nice to be by the ocean again and this little village is a tight community…..there is a bathroom and shower available at the little restaurant but nothing else very rustic but charming….had my first cool shower  and it felt good.

The evening was spent catching up and then I walked around the corner to the Cyber Café they would not let me use my own computer so hence no blog till I get connected.

Tonight we are on turtle watch..the turtles come in at night and lay their eggs so I do hope to see some!!!

The people here are of an Indigenous race called Norwal and they speak their own language so…Yashi Kochi…sweet dreams!!!

Surfer kid signing off!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...