Thursday, January 05, 2012

Thursday 5th January 2012……I am back!!!

Last night after talking to some close friends, some lovely e mails….I feel like my self again that sure was a day yesterday but I guess it proves I am human after all!!!  Thanks to everyone for their concern!!!!

So today and tomorrow is Three Kings Day here and huge celebrations and today was the delivery day of all the presents we wrapped on Monday!!

So at 8.20am I was ringing Carolyn's door bell as she had so kindly offered to lend me her SUV for the day and away I went to help load up nearly 500 gifts and then met a small group of people and in convey we headed out into the rural areas to three schools.

IMG_7915

At the first school the children and their Mum’s were eagerly awaiting out arrival.

IMG_7916

IMG_7918Smiles and big eyes were the order of the day!!!

The children lined up so gracefully and waited in line for their turn to visit with the Three Kings!!!

IMG_7921

IMG_7919

IMG_7920Hard to get a photo without a perro(dog) in it!!!!

IMG_7925

You remember that I was elected a Team Leader well what can I say..look how everyone is organized!!!!!

The next school was about 30 minutes away

IMG_7928

IMG_7929

Jorge the official photographer for Casa Hogar was also here and I know he will send me more photos later!!!

We visited another school and it was just a humbling wonderful and incredible day seeing nearly 500 children receive a gift and I can honestly say in all the time we were there I heard no screams, no cries, no “I don’t like this toy”!!!!!

All I saw were smiles and almost every kid said Gracias!!!!!  They lined up and waited and when they got their gift usually went back to their Mum’s before opening except the bigger boys who got soccer balls and they could not wait to get them into action!!!!

Congratulations to Sharon and John this was a huge task you took on and I was happy to be a small part of the joyful occasion!!!

I didn’t return Carolyn’s car till gone 4pm I did have to take it to the car wash because of all the dust from the back roads…thank so muchs for the car!!!!

I then went up to Casa Hogar to visit the girls…Paola is still with her Mother but I think due to return tomorrow…I just played some silly games with Daniela and Lupita and a couple of the other girls…..these girls are so good to me and almost always bring tears to my eyes.

As we were playing a game one of the girls fell and scrapped her knee..we stopped playing and two of the other girls went into the bath room and came out with tissue in water to put on the hurt girl’s leg…so compassionate and I am talking girls 5 and 6 years old!!!!!

IMG_7933

IMG_7935

 

IMG_7944

 

It was a very special  day!!!

This evening I spent some time getting some food and drinks packed for a big adventure tomorrow……..you will have to read the blog tomorrow to find out where!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...