Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday 21st January 2012…..Happy Birthday!!

Ignacio Allende’s birthday is January 21st. Allende is a national hero of Mexico and many places and streets including San Miguel de Allende were named for him.

Allende was a captain of the Spanish Army in Mexico who came to sympathize with the Mexican independence movement. He attended the secret meetings organized by Josefa Ortiz de Domínguez, where the possibility of an independent New Spain was discussed. He fought along with Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla in the first stage of the struggle, eventually succeeding him in leadership of the rebellion. Allende was captured by Spanish colonial authorities while he was in Chihuahua and executed for treason

The above was taken Wickapeia!!!

The tennis game was cancelled this morning as one of the players had to fly back to the States for a family bereavement… the rest was welcome for me!!!

Went to the local market and bought all this for 50 pesos about 4 dollars!!!

IMG_8214

Into the crockpot for a meal when I get home.

I then went downtown for the big parade this is my 5th year seeing the parade and very happy to report that this parade featured far fewer Military shows of strength and lots more kids with drums…Right on!!!!

Enjoy the photos!!

IMG_8215

IMG_8216

IMG_8218

IMG_8222

IMG_8225

IMG_8230

IMG_8232

IMG_8234

IMG_8238

I did ask for the girls today they would have loved the parade but they are for the whole weekend at Casa Hogar for a huge Seminary event so I won’t see them this weekend!!

What a huge contrast after the hustle and bustle and crowds of this morning I took the afternoon and went here!!

IMG_8266

It is so serene and beautiful and I enjoyed walking all the trails and the sights it gave me time to stop for a while and think about my personal life and what is happening for me and what has happened in the 5 years since I retired.  I thought about my family and with joy in my heart I know I shall be seeing them in just a few months.  I thought about my Mum and Dad and how I miss them both and I hope they know that my life has been blessed and enriched because of their sacrifices for me!!  I thought of all my friends old ones and new ones and how much I cherish their input into my life and their kindness to me.  I thought about all the kids in my life from  my family to Paola and Daniela and all the kids I worked with in soccer and reffing.  As you can see it was  an afternoon of reflection.  I am just so happy to be able to live the life I do, for my health to do all these activities is a blessing.  To have funds to be able to afford the life style is also a blessing.  I am not sure what direction my life is going to take this year but I embrace what ever happens and as I say every morning when I get up “Bring it on”!!!

So please enjoy these shots!!!

IMG_8239

IMG_8240

IMG_8247

IMG_8246

IMG_8244

IMG_8245

IMG_8248

IMG_8249

IMG_8250

IMG_8254

IMG_8251

IMG_8255

My city view perch!!!

IMG_8256

IMG_8257

IMG_8262

IMG_8263

IMG_8264

IMG_8265

It really was a good afternoon I enjoyed the quiet spaces!!

Tonight was tea and the movie…Water for Elephants…a great show!!!!

Pura Vida!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...