A bit cloudy this morning and the forecast for the next two days is for rain….I should not complain!!
This morning I went over to Sara's casita and made some changes to have it looking really nice for her.
Then it was chores in town and then at 2pm went to pick up Paola and I had promised her a big bike ride with me on the scooter so here we go!!!
We were soon on the side roads leading to the lake.
Amazing what you see…a golf course!!!!
Well sort of …see the hole next to the guy on the left in the green shirt…too funny!!
The lake looks lovely but it is polluted!!
We had a great ride and Paola was tired when we got home….we had time for a sandwich and a drink and then it was off to the market I had promised new shoes for her today…a photo later.
Then we bought some flowers and fruit and took them over to Sara's casita and then it was off to the dentist…Paola had complained of pain on Saturday…..for 50 pesos the dentist examined her
and the inflammation is caused by a new tooth coming through but she is not in pain anymore so I am to monitor and see how she feels and if she gets the pain back and it is severe the tooth may have to come out…the new shoes!!!!
Dropped her at home and she was happy and content.
My friend Diana called and invited me out for dinner tonight…..her boyfriend was supposed to arrive yesterday for a visit but he got really sick and had to cancel till later in the month…..so we had a lovely dinner in one of the nice restaurants down town and then watched the fireworks in the Jardin…packed with people and quite a thrill.
I want to take this opportunity to thank all my readers and for putting up with my “sense” of humor….thanks for all the kind comments and words of encouragement.
I hope 2013 will be a special, safe, happy, healthy and prosperous New Year for you all and may your dreams come true…..for me I feel it is going to be a year to remember…..
Leave you with this sent to me by my friend Mary!!!
This is something we should all read at
least once a week!!! Make sure you read
to the end!!!
Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of
the Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio .
"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote
the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most
requested column I've ever written.
My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so
here is the column once more:
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short – enjoy it.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are
sick. Your friends and family will.
5.Don't buy stuff you don't need.
6. You don't have to win every argument.
Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying
8. It's OK to get angry with yourself. You can take it.
9. Save for things that matter.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no
idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't
be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye.
16.. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful. Clutter
weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you
19. It's never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to
you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life,
don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the
fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion.
Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words
'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive but don’t forget.
29. What other people think of you is none of your
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. People love you because of who you are, not because
of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw
everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already
have not what you need.
42. The best is yet to come ...
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."