Friday, November 11, 2011

Wednesday 9th November 2011…..on the road again!!

I must try and not start these posts by saying I had a good sleep and woke up to warm sunny skies…but it is the truth!!!

I was on the road by 10am and the small highway

nov9 002looked like this except when it looked like this!!

nov9 003

It was time to get my first Mexican gas….Pemex is the only brand and the gas stations are just about everywhere…in the RV circles the norm is to be careful when gassing up as some and I repeat only some station attendants have been know to try to rip off their customers.  To combat this I have worked out a plan that works for me and in over 12 years of driving down here I have only been taken advantage of once and then I got my money back.  Some of the tricks are to not zero the pump before filling or to distract you and change the pump reading or try and give the incorrect change.

So what I do is when I get out I always lock the doors… …they cannot start pumping till I unlock the little door….I then ask for 1000 pesos of gas and watch the attendant zero the pump then watch him pump…. if somebody talks to me I do not take my eyes of the pump and I never leave till the gas is finished pumping….then I hand the attendant 1000 pesos exactly….close the little door give him a small tip smile and thank him!!

nov9 001

So you can see gas is 9.6 pesos a litre now remember that about 13 pesos is one dollar…this is cheap gas!!!

Back on the road I entered the State of

nov9 004

and I was heading to the town of the same name!!

I have mentioned before that 99% of RV”S in Mexico carry this book

nov9 005We all call it the Bible!!!  I have met Terri and Mike many times and they are a lovely couple and I hope to connect with them this Winter.

I followed one of their recommendations and am now parked here..

nov9 006

It is really just a gated field but it appears safe and the cost is 50 pesos there is water, sewer and power but I tried three outlets and could not get the power to work so I am OK for two nights using my solar!!!

nov9 007

nov9 008

I was settled in by 2pm and decided it was sunbathing time!!!

I then got Bonita off and drove the 8 miles into the centre of town and had a quick look around here are a few photos..

nov9 017

nov9 018

The church is simply quite beautiful inside and out!!!

nov9 020

nov9 015

nov9 016

I enjoyed looking around and I am going to come back for the whole day tomorrow….

I got back to the park just before dark and had a good meal, showered, sorted a few things out in the cupboards…yes again!!!

Now tea and movie time……one more day closer to my girls!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...