Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wednesday 23rd November 2011….Poker it must be Wednesday!!

Up early and did my park walk as I knew it was going to be a busy day…..then off to Linda’s where she kindly lets me do my laundry…the family were off on a day trip so I wished them fun.

On the way back I stopped in at one of the huge supermarkets

nov23 001

nov23 002

They have a huge bakery section and these rolls

nov23 003

sell by the hundreds..it is not difficult to see sometimes line ups of over 40 people waiting for the fresh ones to come out of the oven!!!

Back home time for a quick bite to eat and then off to the body shop to give Saul a paint sample off Ramona’s butt…I am calling the work this weekend her butt lift!!!!

Then off to poker…one of the neat things about poker apart from the camaraderie and the games are seeing different houses and the one today was built around a tree,,,,quite lovely!!

nov23 004

nov23 007

Not many chips here but I did bounce back to finish about even again…but a lot of fun.

Then it was a quick trip back to Linda’s to get my laundry…you do think that Linda would fold and deliver don’t you???????

Then over to Robin’s house to sort some issues out regarding the pancake breakfast on Sunday…I almost have all the girls paired off now and it should be a great time for them all!

Next stop was the girl’s English class…tonight we watched and interacted on the screen with a Rosetta Stone tape…I love to be in the class…. because it was dark the photos of the girls were not great!!

nov23 010nov23 009

The girls are just so nice with me it is hard for me to imagine they are in so much trouble…do I sound like a doting Grand Dad????

So finally home to stay at 7.30pm…….wow what a busy time!!!!!

These photos were sent to me by Paula of their beautiful home in Nova Scotia where I stayed a few days in September… hard to picture me on the deck sunbathing and feeding the birds!!!!

pip

pip2

That is a lot of snow in one day!!!!!

I think I will stick to the shorts and ice tea!!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...