Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Tuesday 1st November 2011…Mississippi!!!

Please all my older readers go down to the next post and read the poem on aging!!!!

Well a great sleep, a beautiful morning and off on the road again I soon got off the Interstate and drove on a small highway but still managed good time but with scenery like this!!

Nov1 001

Nov1 003

I stopped in a small town to go to the post office and when I came out these  ladies Mum and daughter and friend

Nov1 005stopped me and wanted to know how come I was going through their little town, where I was from, my mini life history..we had a great chat, lovely and friendly!!

After a few hours I was passing by the city of Mobile and I stopped for gas when I came out to go back I had to get on Interstate 10 and I knew where I was going but boy did I make a big boo boo and not realize…I started going East on the Interstate instead of west!!!

I was heading for the town of Pascagoula and kept seeing the signs for Pensacola and when the penny dropped that I was on the right Interstate just heading in the opposite direction I had to go about 15 miles before there was an exit so for 2 minutes I was in the State of

Nov1 018

before I turned around and back into

Nov1 019

I reckon I lost about an hour of time but at least I can say I have been to the sunshine State!!!

So after another hour I crossed over into Mississippi and found this great town and drove down to the beach till I came to this sign!!

Nov1 026

Now I know of one of my readers who will remain nameless, Croft, who may have tried this but not Ramona…parked in a school parking lot and walked to the beach!!!

Nov1 030The Gulf of Mexico!!!

Had a lovely walk on the beach the ocean is always so special to me!!!

Nov1 031

Nov1 029

Nov1 033

Nov1 035

A beautiful home!!

Nov1 039

Nov1 038

So I am now settled into the parking lot of Home Depot for a change!!

Nov1 041

I receiver permission from the manager and MacDonald's is right next door where I am now….

I have had supper so going back to Ramona for a shower and then tea and I got a movie from the Red Box machine.

The plan for tomorrow is to drive the 125 km to New Orleans and arrive at the RV park at noon and take a tour of the city and stay the night..so stay tuned!!

Nov1 045Shows my error!!

5 comments:

Rod and Sylvia said...

The Nameless one is going to get you back you know :)

Croft said...

Les, you never REALLY know the clearances until you try!

Made the wrong turn, eh? Sounds like you are not as alert as usual. You haven't been burning your candle at both ends have you?

Croft said...

At least you can say you have been in Florida.

Have fun in Nawleans. If you ever wanted a Voodoo doll, this is where you get them.

mexicokid said...

Just could not resist the Jab!!! No no and never you mind!!! Rod I am not scared of Croft being 6feet 4inches tall is no threat when he is 4000 miles away!!!

Larry & Gail said...

I think perhaps, that you have been inhaling too many McD's fumes and you became disoriented?!! Sounds good to me for going in the 'wrong' direction! Gail

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...