Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday 27th November 2011……..H O T C A K E S !!!!!!

Well wouldn’t you know it after days and days of sunshine the morning of the big pancake breakfast was rainy, cold and quite miserable…Linda and I left the house before 8am and went to the event site at the beautiful Hotel Real de Minas…..fortunately the rain stopped but it remained cool and windy……everyone was moving in different directions getting everything ready for the 9am opening…so sit back and enjoy the morning!!!

nov27 028The grounds are really quite lovely and the participants ready to go!!!

nov27 025

nov27 024

nov27 029

nov27 030

At 10.30am my wonderful chaperones and I met in the lobby and shortly afterwards 30 beautiful girls and 3 lovely Madres arrived …one of my fears was that the girls would be cold but we were all astonished to see every girl in a brand new warm winter coat donated by a company from Leon…how marvellous…..I got the girls assigned to their chaperones and off they went…do you think they are having fun???

nov27 001

nov27 003

nov27 004

nov27 005

nov27 007nov27 009

nov27 010

nov27 011

nov27 013Paola before

and after!!

nov27 015

Daniela getting her face painted!!

nov27 014

nov27 016

nov27 017

Check out those great coats!!

nov27 018

As it was so cold the Madres decided that it would be best for the girls not to stay till 2pm so we rounded everyone said goodbye to our new friends and off the girls went in the bus back to Casa Hogar

nov27 022

nov27 023

 

 

The girls were all smiles on the bus and repeatedly thanked us all for such a great day!!!

Thank you to all my wonderful chaperones you made the girl’s day and I am right in thinking they made yours too????

As an aside as I went back to the breakfast and I saw all the boys from the boys home and I asked the Madre to introduce me to Paola’s brother…he is a cute little guy!!!

nov27 034

nov27 037

He is in the grey coat!!!

So what could make this wonderful day better you may ask??

Well I will tell you…. Linda coming up to me and telling me that she had bought me a raffle ticket and that I  had won….wait for it

 

 

a 1200 pesos massage at the best Spa in SMA!!!!!!!!   I am a lucky guy!!!!!

grey 002

Linda and I arrived home at 3pm tired but happy it was a really great day and I think even with the cool weather the first annual pancake breakfast was a huge success!!

Linda cooked a wonderful Shepard's pie for supper and we all settled down in front of the TV with great food and watched the BC Lions win the Grey cup!!!!

grey 003

So ends another day here in lovely but cool SMA!!!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

I am so glad a good time was had by all... in spite of the weather!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...