Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday 25th October 2011…..so how many of you went to the Grand Ole Opry tonight???

A belated Happy Birthday yesterday to my Nephew Mark…hope you and the family had a great celebration!!

Today was a few hours on Interstates which you know are not my favourites but I was still seeing Fall colours!!

oct25 005

and getting passed by strange vehicles!!

oct25 002

I arrived in Nashville at about 3pm and thanks to my lovely friends from Nova Scotia, Paula AKA Pip and Jerry they gave me great directions of where to stay and what to do and here is Ramona

oct25 006safely parked at the rear of the Camping World store…there is a RV Park two doors away and they want 39 dollars and I would rather spend that money on entertainment!!

So I took a walk down the street to find the Gray line tour office when I stopped in to a small hotel and asked for directions and the front desk clerk was so nice she told me I could book the tour with her…I knew which one I wanted and she called and booked it for me and even had them arrange to pick me up outside the RV park..so that is perfect.  As I was leaving she asked me what I was doing tonight?  WOW I thought those women in Tennessee are fast!!!!!  So I told her no plans and she told me I SHOULD go to the Grand Ole Opry they had a show at 7pm and that I would not regret it!!!

I took her advice and she booked that tour for me also and again they were to pick me up outside the RV park…..she told me to be there between 5.30 and 6pm.

When I got back to Ramona it was 5.10pm so I had a quick shave and shower and made myself a sandwich and walked the 2 minutes to the RV park and was there by 5.30pm…I waited and waited 6pm …6.15pm and still no bus pick up…so I went into the RV office and asked the lady if I could use her phone to see where my ride was..she told me they don’t pick up till 5.30pm and then I looked sheepishly at the time and the big note REMINDER you are in Central Mountain time!!!

So the bus came by shortly and off I went to

oct25 009

A beautiful theatre holding 4400 people and it was full!!!

oct25 027

It is the longest running live radio broadcasted show in the world over 85 years!!!

There were 7 acts and they all did three numbers and it was one of the best shows I have been to…..

There was a Country Hall of Famer for over 73 years he was 90 years old and he put on a show!!

The acts were great but I have to say that the headliner Keith Urban just didn’t do it for me..he is a fantastic guitar player but his songs were very loud and all rock and he did not have the stage presence of the old timers BUT it was a great night  one to be remembered and compared to the 53 dollars I spent at Dollywood yesterday this 47 dollars was a steal!!!

Some of the performers!!

oct25 018

oct25 020

oct25 023This guy was 90!!!

oct25 024

oct25 028

Keith Urban…

oct25 032

Another aspect of the show I liked was that in most places they tell you the use of cameras is strictly prohibited..here they want you to come to the front and take photos!!!!

The bus dropped me off at the park and then i was home…what a great time I had!!!!!

Tomorrow a city tour!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...