Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Monday 3rd October 2011….turning back the clock!!!

The problem with having an inside cabin is that there are no windows and therefore very dark and therefore I am sleeping in till 8.30am!!!

This was my big tour day so I went down for breakfast and just had fruit and cereal today….also when I go on my road trips I take a drink and food from the buffet with me, why not I have paid for it..so again had another great lunch……I was on the road by 9am and although it was warm it was a bit overcast!!

This I think sums up Bermuda!!

oct3 001

Some sights on the way to St.Georges…

oct3 002

Today I wanted to see some of the places that meant something to me back when I lived here!!!

oct3 003

After I left the house sitting for the Governor I moved into a small apartment underneath this house and stayed about 2 years it was really nice a bit of a view and a pool!!!

oct3 004

oct3 005The X is the ship!!!

oct3 007

I used to fish from the rocks here below!!

oct3 008

oct3 009

oct3 011

oct3 012

oct3 013

oct3 022

The above photo brings back many painful memories and again reassures me of how lucky I have been in my life.

I think I mentioned before I was in the Cycle Squad for a couple of years this entailed riding a huge 750 cc Honda motor cycle!!

I was never very comfortable on those big bikes and only rode them about one month when I was on this road above chasing a man on a stolen motor cycle….I was wearing a short sleeved shirt, shorts and socks and the helmet was just an ordinary one with a chin strap.  To this day no one seems to know what happened but the handlebars started shaking violently in my hands and I could not control the bike and I was going fast……I was veering into on coming traffic and decided to ditch the bike and I did so many rolls and tumbles and finished up sprawled against the fence!!!

I don’t know how but I had no broken bones but lost the skin down to my bones on my arms and legs and the seat of my pants was worn away!!!!  I was in Hospital for a cou;ple of weeks and they were going to do some skin grafts but decided against and the scars I had have long faded!!

The day I went back to work my boss told me the only way to overcome the fears of riding was to get back on the same bike which they had fixed..so I did….I rode out of the police compound turned left came to a stop sign and ran right into the guy driving a car in front of me….no injury no damage  BUT that was it for me…I called for the paddy wagon and the bike was taken back and I never rode again!!!

Next stop was the old town of

oct3 024

I think Sara and I went to that town when we were in England, very pretty!!

oct3 026

Is it me or does anyone else see a likeness of these streets with San Miguel….the telephone wires, the colours, the narrow streets????

oct3 027

On of the oldest Anglican Churches in the New World!!

oct3 029

This town is filled with history and completely different from Hamilton at noon the local gossip is given her punishment!!!

oct3 042

oct3 043oct3 044

oct3 036

oct3 035

If you Google the Deliverance you can get the history of the ship!!

oct3 051

oct3 052

oct3 053

oct3 058

How about  your own private beach!!

oct3 061

oct3 063One of the very few farms on the Island!!

oct3 067

oct3 070

oct3 071

This is where I spent the last three years working!!

oct3 073

X was my office.  I was in charge of a section of 6 Offices and we kept a constant vigil on all passengers arriving on the Island by air.  It was a great job and I met lots of interesting people!!

oct3 072

oct3 080

oct3 087

oct3 084

On the way back I stopped at the Police Club again because I wanted to see if I could get a Police T shirt …I met this young police woman in charge of stores and after we chatted she told me to come with her and she proudly presented me with a Police T shirt and a jacket and told me it was a gift for my previous service,  how nice!!

oct3 089oct3 092

My new stuff!!!

So for my final reminisce of the day I now take you back to May 2nd, 1980 when I uttered those hallowed words…”I DO”….yes this is my ex in laws home and Connie and I were married in the back garden!!!

oct3 083

It was a really full day and I enjoyed everything and didn’t get back till almost 8pm…Joel had been busy again!!

oct3 088

I just had time for a shower and then down to the buffet and then to the main theatre for another wonderful variety production.

It is hard to describe how big the ship is but in the main theatre the capacity is 1250!!!

So tomorrow my last day in Bermuda we have to be back on board by 5pm.

The plan for tomorrow is to be in Hamilton by 9am when the public library opens and see if i can post some of the blogs. Then back to the boat get my beach stuff and hit the beach till 3pm when I have to return the scooter!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...