Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday 24th October 2011….Dollybust (pun intended)…another check off the bucket list!!!

Left Danna’s home this morning she had already left for work and found my way to

oct24 002

 

The ten or so miles leading up to the Theme Park is all attractions of every kind and very commercial area.

The huge parking lots to Dollywood were filling up and they wanted 11 dollars for me to park so I came away about half a mile and parked in a small farmer’s lot with his permission and walked back to the ticket booth.

oct24 00454 dollars for this little piece of paper…you were not allowed to take your own food or drink in but I managed to smuggle my own sandwich in….they just wanted you to leave all your money behind in Dollywood…..bottle of water or pop $3.25!!!!

oct24 019

The theme for the musical shows this month were bluegrass/gospel but for most shows you had to spend a lot of time doing this

oct24 003

I saw three shows each lasted 30 minutes and the musicians were very talented…

The Isaacs..

oct24 008

oct24 018

oct24 017

I enjoyed seeing Dolly’s tour bus

oct24 015

oct24 014

oct24 013oct24 010

It really was just a big theme park with hundreds of shops and food courts..

oct24 021

oct24 020

Glad I went but that kind of entertainment is not for me….

The weather was lovely and I really did miss wearing my pink dress!!!!

Back in a Wal-Mart parking lot and heading down towards Nashville tomorrow….

My wounds are healing really well and all my stiffness is gone I am back to the youthful, spry 50 year old!!!!!!

2 comments:

nursedanna said...

I tried to warn you about DollyWood, but you wouldn't listen :o)

mexicokid said...

I know I know My Mamma told me always to listen to smart ladies but i still think I looked hotter yesterday!!!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...