Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Friday 30th September 2011….what a way to end September!!

 

Beautiful sunny morning and after breakfast said goodbye to Kath and Glenn drove me to the train station at 10.45am…..it was a very inexpensive and easy process to get to the Ship.

First it was a $3.25 train ride lasting 45 minutes to the tube station…then a $2.00 dollar ride to the bus station and then a free bus ride to the Cruise terminal and I arrived just after noon and walked no more that 100 yards.

There was some line ups getting registered and on board but not so bad….the ship is huge

sep30 001

but lots of crew around to give directions…..my cabin is on the 10th deck and I think it is great I was expecting a very tiny room but this is nice…

sep30 003

sep30 004

sep30 005

sep30 023

My suitcase arrived and I unpacked and then went for a long walk to get some sort of orientation!!

sep30 006

sep30 007

sep30 014

sep30 021

The ship is very well appointed with lots of activities and events most of the time so I shall pick and choose what I want to do….by the pool tonight they had a BBQ burger and fresh corn and baked potatoes night, which I had and it was good…..after getting cleaned up went to the main theatre

sep30 024

and there was a great musical and comedy show, a good English comedian!!!

sep30 027

So my first day has come to an end and it was a wonderful day!!!

You know I have a special place in my heart for Ramona…we have been together for 5 years but it is nice for a change to sleep in a different bed, take some really long hot showers…just a different set up for a few days……

Tomorrow full day at sea and I have the day planned!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...