Friday, August 05, 2011

Friday 5th August 2011…an interesting day!!

Left the campground around 11am this morning and went to do some shopping and then drove over to my couch surfing host for the night…Karyn lives about 20 minutes outside of Charlottetown on 4 acres and this is the drive way..aug 5 003

aug 5 004

The house and property is lovely and great views.

Karyn is the Wardrobe manageress for the big theatre downtown and the show playing tonight is the Full Monty which the original version was from my home town of Sheffield.

So I asked if I could go with her and get a ticket for the show and I did.  Karyn took me backstage and showed me some of the show’s costumes..

aug 5 005

It was all very interesting!!!

I had a couple of hours to spare before the show so did a little walking tour

aug 5 014

aug 5 007

aug 5 010

Had to try my last PEI potatoes!!!

aug 5 011

aug 5 006

The show was extremely well done and it was a lot of fun.

Back at the house Karyn showed me her shop and workshop where she has over 400 tuxedos and costumes….she has travelled all over the world when she worked with the Winnipeg Ballet!!

It was another great day and in the morning I take the ferry over to Nova Scotia as I head up to Cape Breton…..will post when I can..wish you all a great weekend!!

Map picture

Sydney is where I will take the ferry next week to Newfoundland!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...