Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Wednesday 9th February 2011…I think I may have to…..

Declare my gambling winnings on my income tax return!!!!!

 

Tennis this morning and then Sara and I went to a butchers shop we had been told about and boy what a thriving little hole in the wall shop.  I bought 5 pounds of the leanest ground beef, 2 boneless pork chops, 2 rib eye steaks, 2 boneless chicken breasts and 15 slices of bacon…all of this was cut whilst I waited and it came to 400 pesos about 33 dollars.  At home Sara used the ground beef to make 9 hamburgers and 2 meatloaves, we had a burger for supper and very delicious!!  Before we went to the butchers shop we went to a fabric store where I found some material to cover some cushions and the seat backs in Ramona we thought that the store would sell us the material then we could pay for them to fit them but they only sell the material.  So whilst we were in the butchers shop I asked Sara to ask the staff if there was anyone around the area who could cover the cushions.  The butcher’s wife came around the counter and took Sara with her and they went next door and met Maria who is a seamstress, so Sara got all the measurements done and we will get the material and take it all to her…I love Mexico everything you need!!!

So off to poker this afternoon and a big winner yet again!!!!

feb9 002

So the white chips are worth 20 dollars, the red chips are worth 50 dollars and the blue 100 dollars!!!!!

 

Actually that is not true but I did win 150 pesos…12 dollars..

Thanks Sara for doing all the work today ( I know some of you will say about time she has been here nearly 7 weeks, actually it is only me saying this)  Thanks!!!!!

Movie night and then tomorrow starts 5 days of non stop action…stay tuned!!!

1 comment:

living.boondockingmexico said...

Okay, I'll say it, "about time". Have fun guys!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...