Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday 11th January 2011……….this and that day!!!

Nanaimo

SNOWFALL WARNING IN EFFECT

Current Conditions

Fog

-3 °C

Observed at:
Nanaimo Airport
Date:
9:00 AM PST Tuesday 11 January 2011
  • Condition:
    Fog
    Pressure:
    102.4 kPa
    Tendency:
    falling
    Visibility:
    48 km
    Air Quality Health Index:
    2
  • Temperature:
    -2.8°C
    Dewpoint:
    -3.2°C
    Humidity:
    97 %
    Wind:
    calm

Forecast

Today
A few flurries
  • 2°C
Wed
Periods of rain or snow
  • 8°C
  • 0°C
Thu
Periods of rain
  • 9°C
  • 3°C
Fri
Showers
  • 10°C
  • 5°C
Sat
Snow or rain
  • 3°C
  • 1°C
Sun
Snow or rain
  • 4°C
  • 0°C
Mon
Rain
  • 4°C
  • 1°C

Issued : 5:00 AM PST Tuesday 11 January 2011

Snowfall warning in effect.

Today
Flurries. Becoming windy late this afternoon. High plus 2.
Tonight
Snow at times heavy. Amount 10 to 20 cm. Wind southeast 30 km/h increasing to 40 to 60 near midnight. Low zero.
Wednesday
Snow mixed with rain changing to rain in the morning. Wind southeast 40 to 60 km/h becoming south 30 late in the morning then light early in the evening. High 8.
Thursday
Periods of rain. Low plus 3. High 9.
Friday
Showers. Low plus 5. High 10.
Saturday
Snow or rain. Low plus 1. High plus 3.

See what I am missing!!

I dropped Sara off down town at 8.30am for her first Spanish class and I drove the van to the Dodge dealership where I had an appointment  I left the van and went to the huge Tuesday market for my usual supply of

jan11 001

and took a taxi back to the house and waited for the dealership to call…by 3pm they had not called so I walked to the main grocery store and then took a local bus up to the dealership

jan11 002

Everything was closed there I guess they even close in the afternoons…when someone did come they told me I think that they were keeping the van overnight and that I would have to come back tomorrow….really a little bit frustrating with the language problem so I will go back tomorrow.

At 5pm I went downtown to attend a lecture on digital cameras…this I am afraid was a waste of time learned nothing!!

I then met up with Sara and we went to the small funky local theatre again for a one woman show…it was on raising a child in Canada and Mexico and it was very entertaining and the actress was very talented…..

So another day done this is my 72nd day of this latest journey and all is well!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...