Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday 21st December 2010…Happy Solstice!

S I did the blog but could not get it to post so sorry for the extra posts and I hope this comes through..

I did stay up last evening until 2am this morning and witnessed the amazing eclipse on the Solstice eve and this is one of those times when I wish I had the BIG camera!!

My photos are really not great…

dec21 001

dec21 005

dec21 006

dec21 009

Anyway it was worth watching even though I was a little tired but still cleaned up fairly well don’t you think??

dec21 014

Friends Karen and Rob invited me to their local church kids concert and it was a pleasure to be able to attend and watch these children perform really well they had obviously been well trained…

dec21 019

dec21 027

dec21 025

Thanks I enjoyed the concert!!

Sara is arriving in SMA on Thursday for a few weeks to study Spanish and visit with the girls so I went and got some flowers for the casa…dec21 029

A beautiful bouquet for less than ten dollars!!!

choie 001

When I got home Rafael was there he comes and works in the gardens a couple of times a week and this time he had his 5 year old son Rafael Junior with him!!

dec21 030

Didn’t stay home long before I was back to town to a local hotel where the Rotary Club holds their meetings  andtoday a group of girls from Casar Hogar including Paola and Daniela were performing a small Christmas Concert

dec21 033

dec21 036

dec21 032

This was another great concert especially considering only a few weeks ago the girls had no leader or teacher Robin put the word out and these three talented and lovely women offered their time and I was very proud to see the first concert..it was a lovely start to the Holiday season!!

Well I suppose you all know by now that it is time to watch another hockey game!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...