Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday 13th November 2010..what a boring day..no one tried to shoot me!!!

See I still have that wicked English humour or humor…Winking smile

I do want to thank you all for the many lovely e mails wishing me well…. and not to be so stupid and park in a dark place anymore!!!!

I had a 10 hour drive today and I do find the driving therapeutic and I feel really good.

The drive in the first part was still on toll roads

nov13 006

but then I got into the smaller towns and roads

nov13 001

nov13 003

nov13 011

nov13 009

These kind of people are the real heroes this is Lorenzo he is from Portugal

nov13 007

he is taking two years to cycle from Northwest Territories down to Argentina!!!!  I fixed him up with cold drinks and cookies!!!

Around 4pm I arrived at me destination

nov13 020

in the State of

nov13 005

I first discovered this sleepy little town about 15 years ago and have come back as often and when I can..it has grown but still remains Mexican….here Ramona is resting in beautiful surroundings, there are 5 RV spots but I am the only one here it is really a lovely property with about 14 cottages, pool and yes the beach.  I am parked no more than 50 feet from the ocean it is lovely, SAFE!!!! and for 20 dollars a night, with showers and Wi fi a bargain!!!

nov13 021

nov13 022

nov13 023The entrance to the cottages…

nov13 027Pool and palms!!!

nov13 028

nov13 029

My front yard view!!!!

nov13 030

I was forgetting it was the weekend….the beach full of local people so nice to hear and see the kids having so much fun, the smell of fish cooking and music blaring everywhere….

nov13 031

nov13 034

I had a great run on the beach and then a swim and now Ramona is happy she can rest as I booked here for 5 nights!!!

nov13 041

I really feel blessed to be able to live this life style and the problems of last night have really entered the memory banks…I have Angels travelling with me….a happy weekend to all!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We use to live in Teacapan Mexico. Just 2 hours south of Mazatlan. We owned a home there. We were there for 4 years. We always felt safe there until we were robbed. Someone broke into our home with steel bars at the windows and took all of my Jewelry. The policía
found a young girl that know who did it and took her to Escuinapa for questioning but she was Murdered before they got her there.

After we sold our house, We did go back to winter there for 6 months in our motor home at Villas Onac on the beach. We had a nice winter there but our neighbors were robbed at gun point while doing some siteseeing.

I loved Mexico, but I feel much safer here in the States at the moment.

I'm glad you are OK, stay safe.

Croft said...

Also Les, you must consider the devastating effect having to look at unsightly bullet holes in your body would have on all your female readers! Stay safe my friend!

mexicokid said...

Croft you are a sick man!!!!!! Gail thanks for the story welcome to the blog chees Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...