Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday 15th August 2010…shocking soccer news!!!

I was born in the town of Doncaster and lived there till I was 11 years old when my family moved to Sheffield and I really always say I am from Sheffield when asked.  Sheffield has two soccer teams the Almighty Blades and the hapless Wednesday….my youthful dream was to play for Sheffield United, the Blades,  but never had the skills and that is the team I have always supported.  For a brief hiatus I did pledge my allegiance to my Brother’s team Hull, but that did not last.

My Blades have continued to let me down and I now want to state publicly that I am going back to the place of my birth and I am a confirmed Doncaster Rovers fan, just like my Dad!!!  Also it was only last year that I learned that my Grand Dad Hallgate, my Mum’s Dad, played for them in 1911!!!!!!!

 

So as the slogan goes Rovers forever!!!!!

Beautiful sunset by the ferry terminal

aug15 004

It was a good but hot drive and I am now on the 9pm ferry first time I have known BC Ferries to have wifi!!!!

I had a great trip and now looking forward to seeing Sara but not looking forward to my dental work tomorrow.

aug15 006 Probably the reason I need all this work I have chewing this stuff for nearly 50 years, yes same flavour!!!!

Haven’t spoke to Heather yet so I hope Ken had a restful day!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...