Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Tuesday 6th July 2010…I have to stop

 

getting up before the crack of dawn!!!!!  For the second morning in a row I was up at 5am…..and sadly to report I shall have to be up tomorrow morning at the same time…anyway…..

Heather and Kirby’s youngest son Zach had to be at Cottonwood Golf Club in Comox for a 7.30am tee off time and as I was going that way, although not expected at that time of the morning, I offered to leave early and take him to save Heather a round trip journey before she starts work.

Here I am giving Zach last minute tips….

IMG_6929 Actually this was taken last year at the same golf course.  Everyone is very proud of Zach he is competing in the BC provincial golf tournament…156 of the best golfers in BC in the age category of under 18 years.  This is a huge accomplishment for him to make it to the competition as he only turned 14 last week!!! 

Good luck Zach   …..way to go!!!!

After dropping Zach off I continued driving north and just outside of Campbell River my bed beckoned me..so found a secluded pull off and was fast asleep in seconds.

Had a nice breakfast, the sun was shining and all was well.  Continuing north….

Iskut 1 001

Iskut 1 002

This was the type of road I was on and the local scenery..

Iskut 1 004

I arrived in Port McNeill in time for the start of the World Cup Soccer semi finals, so I could not miss out on this so I headed to a local pub and watched on the huge screen…

Iskut 1 007 it was an exciting game in which Netherlands beat Uruguay 3 – 2!!

After the game I continued on to

Iskut 1 013

Iskut 1 009

I walked around the small sea wall and it was lovely and sunny but the wind was quite cool.  Saw this interesting piece of art..

Iskut 1 015

and the story

Iskut 1 014

The view across the straight

Iskut 1 016

Map picture

I am in the local library posting this and afterwards I shall head out to the ferry terminal I have seen a pull out where I think I can spend the night and the ferry leaves at 7.30am in the morning but you are supposed to be there 2 hours before.  The ferry ride is 15 hours and I don’t expect to have Internet till Thursday…should be a wonderful trip through the inside passage and I hope to be with Sara in Iskut by Friday afternoon……..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...