Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday 30th June 2010…my only Aunt and Uncle..

 

 

Another sunny morning and this day started out by Sara and I going a few minutes out of town to pick our own strawberries…

rita 008

rita 011

Guess which is the box I picked???

rita 014

rita 015

It took us, Ok Ok..Sara,  just 15 minutes to fill the box and the strawberries were awesome.

The Pearson boys then hit the golf links, well the local pitch and put..I think we need some lessons in style…

rita 017 Malc the Pro…

Me the novice

rita 019

and like all games that the Pearson’s play it is hard fought and there has to be a winner and this time it was Nephew Andy….

rita 018 Well done kiddo!!!

For years when I have been travelling here to see my family Janet as always made these delicious cakes which we nick name “Wingies” this trip was no exception the only problem being that Sara also has developed a liking for them so my supply chain is cut in half!!!!!

rita 007

Janet was showing Sara her wedding photos the other night and I could not resist taking photos..

rita 002 Malc is on the right in case you couldn’t tell.  Don’t we look so young and that hair style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rita 004 43 years ago!!!!!!!!

Every morning when I go on my walk I pass this sign it is too cute not to take a photo.

rita 016

In the afternoon Sara and I drove to Doncaster to visit my only remaining Aunt and Uncle, my Dad’s Brother, Bram and Auntie Rita.

If I do not mention that on route I got hopelessly lost not once but twice I am sure Sara would grab the computer and let you all know ANYWAY it was such a lovely evening and Rita cooked another great meal and we talked about my Mum and Dad and I heard stories I had not heard before.  It was special for me for them to meet Sara and Bram looks just like I remember my Dad.

rita 027

rita 025

I know i say it every day but it was another special and happy day!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...