Monday, June 07, 2010

Monday 7th June 2010….YES!!! YES!! YES!!!!!

I am so lucky to be able to stay in this great house in Nanaimo with a wonderful family that you have read about often.  The location is the very best…. this is me this morning sitting at the kitchen table doing this blog!!!

whales 014

Well every day for three years now I often look out this window waiting for the orcas and TODAY IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!!

I was in the kitchen making toast and glanced out and they were right in front of the house maybe 200 yards out and one of the orcas was spy hopping.  I dashed down to the fence with camera in hand and it was simply amazing…..I could actually hear them breathing and saw them again coming right out of the water.

The photos are not the best but the memories fixed in my mind!!!!!!!

whales 005

whales 006

whales 007

What a start to my morning!!!

3 comments:

Croft said...

They put on their show just for you Les! It is a memorable sight.

Margie M. said...

Fantastic! Orcas right outside your window! Love all the pics. Beautiful place.

mexicokid said...

Sure is Croft....Hi Margie, don't know how you found my blog but thanks for stopping by I just spent over 1 hour checking yours out, great info, shall enjoy it put it on my favs. cheers Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...