Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Monday 7th June 2010……a day to remember…

After my thrilling encounter with the Orcas, see next post, I took Trooper to the groomers and after 2 hours of this…

kayak 004

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

the new Trooper was ready to come home!!

kayak 006 Doesn’t he look great??

The skies seemed fairly clear so I decided this was the only time I would be able to take my kayak out so off I went and picked it up and on the way to the ocean passed this lovely sight…

kayak 007

So this is my kayak and like everything I own it has a name….The Great One……you should know who it is named after!!!!!

kayak 009

So come for a paddle with me……..

kayak 011

kayak 023

Map picture
The pin shows where I was…

kayak 030

kayak 042

kayak 048

kayak 053

See what happens when you get hit by a big wave!!!!

kayak 065

kayak 066

kayak 074

kayak 079

What a great time I had on the water just the tonic before a couple of very busy days coming up.

Whilst I was out in the kayak Sara called the house spoke to Heather and told her she was doing fantastic and that she will be home on Wednesday, so that was nice to know.

So who can say that in a space of 12 hours they saw up close and personal and Orca and Deer and a Bald eagle????   I CAN!!!!!!

3 comments:

Croft said...

Very nice shots Les, but I must add that it is very conceited naming a kayak after yourself!

mexicokid said...

well what can I say!!!!! No come on Croft you know who it is!!!!

Croft said...

Ah yes, I do recall a hockey player who always had a couple of bodyguards on the ice with him...

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...