Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday 25th May 2010….beautiful countryside!!!!

Had a great drive yesterday after leaving Kamloops around 10am and thankfully my legs were not sore  after all those games.

This was my first stop..

may24 002

may24 001

may24 003

So I went from Kamloops to Savona and Cache Creek then to Ashcroft and I spent the night just outside Spences Bridge.

I had read about a balancing rock just outside of Savona and managed to located it.

may24 004

may24 006

I found a rough path that lead to the base of the rock…

may24 008

may24 012

The rolling hills and lakes and rivers were very impressive and this was my lunch stop.

may24 017

Along the highway on the opposite side of the road vehicles were slowing down for this….

may24 021

being a city boy I love to see animals in the wild so when I could I found a pull off did a U turn and parked and walked very carefully and got these great shots!!!

may24 023

Looks like Sara gave him a hair cut on his legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

may24 025

About 5pm I decided it was time to find a place to spend the night and just outside

may24 020

I found the perfect place about 400 yards off the highway down a small path with a dead end where I parked for the night…as they say in real estate it is all about location, location, location!!!!

may24 032

may24 035

The next photos were taken from Ramona!!!

may24 039

may24 040

It was a remote and wonderful place to spend the night even the noise from the very frequent trains did not disturb me.

I meant to post this over the weekend… one of the birthday cards I received was from my special friend Ken, yes he is still a friend after sending me this supposed  image of myself!!!!!!

may24 029

Yet again another incredible day!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...