Thursday, May 06, 2010

Thursday 6th May 2010….sunny day!!!

This came by e mail this morning…

birthday

Hello dearest Les,
Thank you for your e-mail. We love to hear news about you.    Are you having a good time. We hope so.  We didn´t have classes for several days. It was Children´s Day in Mexico and we celebrated with parties and parties and a lot of fun.  On Sunday the Madres took us to the church in the morning and then to a ranch where we spent the day and had lunch and played soccer.  We had a great time.  At night when we came back to the house we watched a movie and then we went to sleep.  We had a good time. 
We both miss you and Sara.  We miss our time together and we hope you will come back soon.
Hugs and kisses and good memories,
Paola and Daniela

 

Yesterday afternoon I took advantage of the nice clear and sunny skies to take the kayak to the small little island across from the Hospital.

mayyy5 005

I then tied the kayak up and walked part way round the island looking for the still elusive glass ball…

mayyy5 012

mayyy5 014

mayyy5 004

mayyy5 009

Just when it appeared all hope was lost, just when I had almost given hope of ever finding a glass ball…..

wait for it…

there it was…

my very first beach combing find!!!!!

mayyy5 017

It was in great condition, the wheels still turned…..I may admit to it taking me at least 20 minutes to figure how to tie it onto the kayak…

mayyy5 018

on the journey home…

mayyy5 019

To say Sara was not too impressed with my find would be an understatement…but I think one little kid in the village will be happy when I take it over.

Again still no satellite so had to read about those Vancouver Canucks blowing the game last night.

Sara and I were just sitting down to tea and wonderful home made cookies at 10.30pm when her phone rang and she had a lady come to the clinic who was having contractions….a decision was made and they all left by boat for Fair Harbour which is about a 45 minute ride away.

Sara packed  all her medical supplies necessary, dressed up warm and away she went.

The trip was much quicker than she expected and she was back home by 12.30am….

We just learned this morning that the lady delivered a healthy baby girl at 4.30am…..congratulations!!!!

1 comment:

Croft said...

You did not miss much in the way of a Canucks game, my friend! I think Game Two was the turning point. Blowing a two point lead! Tomorrow will tell. If they go down 3 - 1 I think I will quit watching and concentrate on the Seattle Mariners.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...