Sunday, April 04, 2010

Sunday 4th April 2010…144 days later….HOME!!!

It is now Sunday afternoon and we have just had a lovely brunch at Sara’s Sisters home in Vancouver…..

It was a bit of a long trip Ramona was not ready till 5pm Friday evening and we got on the road right away and drove 6 hours until a blinding snowstorm stopped the journey.  There was a Flying J truck stop where we pulled into and slept and woke up to

apr4 005

these conditions.  I started driving again 7am Saturday morning and after about 1 hour the conditions improved and this was the type of road we were on..

apr4 002

straight and no traffic.  Made good time and eventually after passing through Nevada and into Idaho we hit the Interstate highways.

apr4 011

We stopped for breaks and walks and I drove till 11pm Saturday night when we arrived at the Wal-Mart in Marysville, Washington about one hours drive from the USA and Canada border.

I felt tired but Ok and we had a great sleep, woke up to a sunny bright morning and arrived at the border this morning at 11am.

apr4 023

There was no line up and I was not even upset when the first word the stern lady Customs Officer said to me was “Bonjour”!!!!!!

A few questions and we were home…

apr4 024

We are now staying here till tomorrow when we shall head back to the Island.

An incredible winter that I shall write more about in the days to come….for now we are safe, Ramona gave me no trouble on the way home and we are with family and friends.

Happy Easter to everyone, blessings ….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...