Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday 18th April 2010…..rainy day in Duncan!!!

It is a wet and cool morning and I am at Sara’s house, drove down yesterday afternoon it takes about 40 minutes to drive.

This was taken yesterday morning from my bedroom on the Bank in Nanaimo…

april17 002

I am on the look out for whales…they sometimes comes down this far and Kirby has seen them a few times so I am hoping one day I will.

I went to watch a soccer game yesterday afternoon in the pouring rain most of my interest was in the referee, my young protégée Matt…april17 006

Matt has been a referee about 6 years and I had him in my class at the beginning and have been delighted to see him progress through the ranks and he is considered one of the best young officials in BC…way to go Matt!!!

Sara and I are going to go on a bike ride today if it clears up if not do some house hold chores(JOY!!!!!!!).  Sara leaves early Wednesday morning for another stint at work in Kyuquot so there is lots to get ready for that.

I heard from my friends Barb and Frank they are on their way home from Mexico and they may stop by here in the next couple of days we both look forward to seeing them and hearing their stories.

Much to the chagrin of my family on the Bank the hockey playoffs have started and Vancouver are playing the Los Angeles Kings and I am cheering for the Kings.  My idol 99 played for the Kings so I do support them and I know I have no excuse for not cheering for my home side, but some things are just the way they are…..the series is tied at one game each so I shall follow that with interest, this is for you Heather…..Go KOPITAR!!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...