Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday 10th April 2010…. a day of rest!!!!!

Saturday mornings…the time the time to sleep in relax and enjoy the sunny day..well we did that for the first part of the day…went to the local farmers market in Duncan.

apr10 001

apr10 003

apr10 002 

We then went out of town a little ways to another market and got some great deals on fruits and vegetables.

Came home and got our walking shoes on and walked for one hour through the neighbourhood and into the fields, it was cool when we started out but soon we warmed up.

About 4pm the fun began I offered to cut the grass for the first time since last fall.  I did this because I had seen the state of Sara’s lawn mower, there was a cable not attached and I had tried to start it and not even a whimper thinking no way it would  start.  NEVER underestimate the power of the female!!!!!!  Here came Miss Fix it, tied the loose cable with dental floss and with a sway of her hips, pulled the starter cord three times and the mower started!!!!!

So now I had no choice!!!

apr10 006

Front and back yards were almost completed when Sara, bless her, decided that the air quality needed improving so she started to burn her dried pampas grass bush!!!!

apr10 007

This next photo makes me feel just a tad guilty because here is my girl in the kitchen cooking meatballs, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, carrots and turnips……I actually won a game of Backgammon and this is my prize!!!!!

cook 003

Supper was really nice thank you!!!!

The evening saw us watching a good movie…..so ends yet another great day!!!

1 comment:

glenna said...

Les, I follow your blog every month or so to see what you're doing. We're back in Texas and then home to VT in May. Hope to see you again in SMA. Glenna

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...