Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wednesday 24th March 2010……Chloride, the town everyone forgot!!

We left Williams in the morning and an easy 2 hour drive on the Interstate brought us to Kingman where we did some shopping and then off to this really spacey hamlet called Chloride.

mar24 037

I found out about Chloride from the website I mentioned a couple of days ago and it is off the secondary highway about 4 miles and really is an old mining town with a population of about 300 people.

We found a great place to boon dock, next to a small park.

mar24 039

I was even able to pick up Wi-Fi from the only cafe in town across the street.  We unloaded the scooter and went on a tour.  I had read of some murals about 2 miles out of town in the canyon and we did manage to find them and they were impressive.

mar24 032

mar24 031

mar24 033

mar24 034

In town because of the lack of water the home owners don`t have gardens most have a funky collection of yard art!!

mar24 035

mar24 036

Now this is a very rare sight!!!!!!!

mar24 038

Yes the mad Professor actually won a game of quick scrabble!!!!!!!

This morning we are going over the Hoover Dam and I am interested to see how close the new bridge has developed since I was last there and into Vegas this afternoon.

Sara has never been before so we have booked a room for a couple of nights, booked a great show for tomorrow and then see what happens after that.

Again Happy Birthday Sam!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...