Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tuesday 30th March 2010…..show time!!!!

We treated ourselves to tickets to two shows today.  So after breakfast in our room we put on our walking shoes and took off for the strip which is actually this street!!

mar30 003

On the strip we found this great transit system

mar30 004

for 7 dollars you purchase a ticket that is good for 24 hours.  So we went down to the Mandalay hotel.

mar30 008

mar30 007 Then the Luxor hotel and we continued down the strip.

mar30 011

mar30 012

I must say at this point that I am thrilled with my new camera I think these shots are great and the night ones below.   I  just point and shoot, the camera automatically adjusts to what ever the conditions are!!

mar30 015

mar30 016

mar30 018

We then arrived at the Imperial palace for our first show a 4pm one called Matsuri.  This was a Japanese show filled with incredible acrobats and the colours of the costumes and the energy was really special.

I perhaps shouldn’t mention this but the next port of call was the Cheese factory again…enough said!!

mar30 019

We took the bus back up the strip managed to see the last couple of minutes of the Lions in the MGM hotel and then across the street to the Luxor hotel for our second show.

mar30 023

mar30 026

This too was a great show,  four very talented women in a very funny production.

So ended a great day and evening we took it all in and enjoyed the day.

Tomorrow Ramona goes into the repair shop and I will get her back late Thursday afternoon.  The plan is to pick her up and head out on the road on our way home.  We are hoping to be at Sara’s sisters for Easter dinner on Sunday.

I doubt I shall be able to post again till we get home Monday….so hope you all have a great week and see you in Canada!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...