Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday 21st March 2010…….well it was a day!!!!

It was a great place to spend the night very quiet and this was the sight outside Ramona’s door this morning at 8am.

March21 004

We packed up and were ready to go and climb some Sedona hills when the problem started.  The slide would not retract, nothing, nada.  When I pressed the switch nothing,  now we had a problem with it the day before when we stopped for lunch it wouldn’t open.

Not being technical or handy I don’t know what the problem is but it may be an electrical one.  Anyway Sara and I talked about options as we were 8 miles from town really in the middle of nowhere.  I got the manual out and it stated that the slide could be manually retracted in with a 7/16th ratchet.  Of course that is one tool not in my tool box.  So we took the scooter off and Sara stayed with Ramona and I went to town to get the ratchet and I also went into town and found the number of a mobile RV repair man and left a message with him to come out and help us.

Back at Ramona this was the scene!!!

March21 007

We tried the ratchet and we couldn’t get it in place there was a metal bar in the way.  We decided to have lunch and we were not worried the worse case scenario was we would stay here another night, we had all we needed.

Around 4pm I went off again on the scooter into town to call the repairman again and yet again I only got his answering machine.

When I got back to the motor home I WAS SHOCKED!!!!!!!!

There was my hero SARA!!!!   The slide was in,  the tools packed away and a big smile on Sara’s face.  She told me she got down and used a wrench to force the metal bar out of the way and winched the slide in.  Isn’t she just the best!!!

So 5pm we were back on the road and went to Doe mountain where we hiked to the top, these are the photos….

March21 012

March21 013

March21 014

I know I look silly!!!

March21 015

March21 021

March21 032

It was a great hike and we enjoyed the exercise and the temperature was perfect.

We then drove for about 90 minutes to a town called Williams.  We are now in a great RV park and plan to stay here 3 nights, tomorrow to get the slide fixed and the next day we are going to take the train to the Grand Canyon for the day.

Another problem I have is that I dropped my camera , yet again and now it is fried so I am in the market for a new one, any suggestions??

So ends a long and interesting day and I have to thank Sara for her help!!!!!

Map picture

1 comment:

Croft said...

Too bad about the slide Les, but good for you to get around your mechanical ineptitude by finding Sara! With any luck it is a blown fuse - which you could check yourself by opening the fuse panel and looking carefully. The slide fuse should be labeled or the book will tell you which one it is. When you remove it you can tell if it is blown by looking at the piece of metal inside the fuse. If you have a spare, replace it and if not, remove a NON ESSENTIAL (air conditioner, etc) fuse of the same value and use it to try to open and close the slide. Buy spare fuses.

If you were near Phoenix I would suggest Fry's Electronics for a new camera but that is it. I know nothing about the smaller cameras.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...