Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday 13th March 2010…a techie problem

This will be 2 days post in one.  I am having trouble importing the photos from my camera to the computer.  I think the cord is toast but not sure, anyway until I can or someone else can give me an answer it is going to be photo less until we get to the border and I can get a new cord.

We had a drive of 300km yesterday mainly on toll roads and with only one wrong turn but worth mentioning.  We had directions to the camp site but did make one wrong turn and we stopped on a farmers drive way to see if we could figure things out.  I saw a car pass by and about 100 yards later stop and turn around and come back to us and pulled alongside and two young men asked in perfect English if we were lost and gave us directions to the camp ground.  2 Canadian key chains later we were on our way another example of how unsafe and scary travelling in Mexico can be!!!!!

The RV park is one of the best so far, Mr.Moro’s is in a small lazy town called Las Glorias.  We have full facilities, in a field all to ourselves, the incredible beach is 50 feet away and there is a great pool and a restaurant and a small hotel.  Very clean and the beach walking is wonderful, 23 dollars per night!!!

We decided to have a day off today and stay here two nights so Sara went for a huge long beach walk and I read and relaxed.  I then went for my run and then we made plans for the next few days.

Tomorrow will be a long driving day maybe 450km to another beach town called San Carlos where we will stay two nights and then the next day head for the border.

Tonight we are going to eat in the restaurant…..all is well in Mexico!!!

2 comments:

Croft said...

Why don't you buy a card reader instead Les? Probably cheaper, faster and does not run down the camera battery.

We got lost on that same road to Las Glorias and a beer truck stopped and directed us.

In San Carlos see if tour old friends Kathy and Eric Tycho are there from Terrace, BC. They have a 5th wheel toy hauler and a Harley Davidson. Nice people - say hi for us.

Croft said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...