Monday, March 08, 2010

Monday 8th March 2010….little road trip!!

Today 6 of us hired a taxi and driver and went on a road trip to some of the smaller towns.  The first stop was down a winding track and through a police barricade onto this small and deserted beach.

mar8 001

mar8 002

Then into a small town to buy chicken for lunch, of course I had to cook it!!!!

mar8 007

Then off to the hot springs!!!

mar8 010

mar8 011

Thanks to Gail and Anna we all had a wonderful lunch here and the springs were warm and refreshing.

The next stop was a little beach town called Chacala.

mar8 013

This is the typical sleepy Mexican beach town!!

mar8 015

mar8 021

mar8 022

This was sure a beautiful little town.  Sara and I took a walk

mar8 020

and when we came back to the palapa the rest of the group were being entertained by this Mariachi Band.

mar8 023

They were a bit short on vocals so Pancho Pearson lent a voice!!!!

mar8 025

It was a very nice day out and thanks to Larry for arranging everything.

Tonight before Sara and I went out for supper we checked out the great sunset!!

mar8 029 

mar8 028

So ends a fabulous day, well almost fabulous, Sara annihilated me again in scrabble and Trivial pursuit…..

We are leaving in the morning and as yet I don’t have a destination in mind and may be without Internet so I shall post when I can……..best wishes to all my readers!!

1 comment:

John's Florida Blog said...

We used to camp at Chacala just West of Las Varas.
Is this where you were? Is it still possible to camp there? We heard they cleared the Ejido, Don Beto out of there and you no longer camp on the beach. Is this true?

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...