Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday 26th March 2010…Well it had to happen sometime!!!

A little bit behind here in the posts and I really don’t know what day it is anyway Sara and i are doing great but the last 24 hours was a little tiresome!!

We left Chloride Thursday morning and our first stop was

mar25 010mar25 022

We were searched before we crossed

mar25 001

and decided to just take photos from Ramona rather than stopping, it is an incredible work of construction and the new bridge is almost complete.

mar25 003

mar25 004

mar25 007

I have no idea why I look so silly here!!!

mar25 019

This is Lake Mead.

mar25 020

As the RV parks here in Vegas are quite expensive I did some prior research and found this great resort hotel 2 blocks from the strip called Tuscany Resort and mid week the rooms are only 35 dollars so we originally booked here for Thursday and Friday evenings.  the rooms are very large and clean and it is a good place to stay.

mar25 025

mar25 027

We got cleaned up and as this is Sara’s first time in Vegas she wanted to walk the strip.

mar25 028

We found this 10pm show for half price and it was a Canadian Mark Savard, a hypnotist, and the show was great.

This is where the story gets gloomy.  We had noticed a grating sound coming from Ramona after I apply the brakes and then pull away and it was getting worse, so we decided to   get it checked out in the morning.  I missed a part here where I took the scooter off and went for a ride and then brought it back and left it next to Ramona in the parking lot over night.

When I went out to Ramona this morning the scooter was gone!!!!

I had no time to report the theft as I had an 8am appointment for Ramona at a brake shop.  So I drove and left Ramona at the brake shop and took a taxi back to the hotel where I went to security and much to my joy they had chased a man away last night who was trying to steal the scooter.  They didn't catch him but the scooter is safe and they had it in their storage.  I thanked them so much and was relieved to find the news was not so bad…..yet!!!

When I called the brake shop they told me the bearings were shot on the back end at the drive shaft, sorry I may have said this wrong, but it needed new bearings and was major work and the whole cost would be about 1100 dollars!!!

I called my local repair shop in Nanaimo and they told me the cost was about right and the damage I could cause to the vehicle if I drove it home without getting it fixed could be way more.

So to cut a very long story short, we are staying in Vegas till Thursday as it is the weekend and everything is closed and they also have to order parts…..so Sara and I will assess where we will stay and how to handle this….

So my first major problem in years of travelling and as Ramona is my home 6 months of the year home I feel the cost to repair her is worth it, so Vegas watch out…..here we come…..wish you all a great weekend…

We are going to celebrate Sara’s birthday one month early and I have tickets for the best show in town tonight!!!! 

Stay tuned I may be out of Internet range till Sunday…

1 comment:

Croft said...

Ah, shit Les! Sorry to hear about the problems. At least it happened where you can have a reasonably priced hotel to stay in.

I think Marc Savard is one of Canada's greatest talents! I would love to see his show.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...