Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday 10th February 2010…..some sad news!!

I learned last night that one of my favourite men in the world was very sick.  You have read here about my friendship with Roy Saunders that goes back nearly 14 years and the many hours we spent together when he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

Roy has been in a care facility over 4 years and last night I spoke to his son who informed me that Roy is extremely sick and is in a morphine induced state and Roy is not expected to last more than a few days.

My best wishes goes out to his partner, my very special friend Eileen and also to Roy’s family.  He is one of the most remarkable men it has been my please to be associated with.

 

I spent the morning putting the final touches in Ramona and I think apart from an outside wash she is ready to go.

I ran again this morning but still could only manage 13 laps but I am not beating myself up about it.

Went to Casa Hogar for my school run this afternoon and again there was no Madre able to go with me so guess who came along?????

feb10 001

For 4 years old Lupita is the most special little girl never stops talking away to me and looking at me with those big brown eyes.  Her disposition is incredible.  We enjoyed riding together for almost two hours with a little stop to play.

feb10 005

feb10 004

We even got a chance to say hello to Sara on the phone, well leave a message on her answering machine.

Today was very sunny and lovely but there is still a storm supposed to arrive tomorrow or Friday……PURA VIDA!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...