Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday 18th February 2010..Goodbye hoodie and sweat pants….Hello swimming stuff!!!

I had planned to leave this morning and head for another one of the small magical towns but enough of the rain I decided to head down to the coast a few days earlier.

Left this great RV park with promises to return next year and the first part of the drive was like this..

feb18 004

Within a couple of hours it changed to this, my first glimpse of the ocean in over 4 months!!!

feb18 012

I just liked this

feb18 006

Sara I stopped in this town looking for your Sister but never saw her!!!

feb18 013

First in their natural habitat..

feb18 015

Then the road side stalls..

feb18 014

this puts a whole new notion to the “I’ve got a lovely bunch of coconuts”!!!

feb18 017

After 180 miles I arrived at my destination..

feb18 016

These are twin towns situated about 4 hours drive south of Puerta Vallarta in the state of Jalisco.  The bay is like a horse shoe shape and one town is at one end and one at the other end, very beautiful.

My friends Barb and Frank were waiting for me at this very small RV park and Ramona is re-united with Annie B, her cousin!!

feb18 023

3 units in here.  full facilities including Wi-Fi and cold showers!!!  About 100 feet from the ocean…

feb18 021

feb18 032

Looking right..

feb18 035

Looking left..

feb18 034

Had to go for a dip and no this is not a BEACHED WHALE!!!

feb18 025

feb18 028

There is even a local delivery boy bringing pastries!!!

feb18 037

Barb and Frank cooked another great meal for me  and it was nice to catch up with them again….

It sure feels good to be warm and to see and feel and smell the ocean!!!!  Bring Sara and my girls here and all would be well!!

You have heard me talk of Robin who is the coordinator of Casa Hogar in SMA and you have heard me talk of all the wonderful things she does for the girls, the Madres and the home….well on Tuesday Robin was honoured by the SMA Rotary club.  She was selected as the Citizen of the Year!!!!!!!

robbii

Robin I am so proud of you and if anyone deserves recognition of deeds done it is you…Congratulations.

The choir from Casa Hogar was in attendance and see my little Daniela next to Robin!!

robin

The plan is to stay here in Melaque till the end of the month…….Yes you may call me Beach BUM!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...