Saturday, February 06, 2010

Saturday 6th February 2010…bit by the Mexican time bug!!!!

Two days ago the blue bucket was my new best friend…today I have another new best friend…..feb6 001The propane tank for the casa……Yesterday I noticed the tank gauge showing red so at 8.30am this morning I called the gas company and they said the gas truck would be at the house by 10.30am.

I then called the gas company at 11.30am and they said the gas truck would be at the house by 12.30pm…you can see where this is going…..the gas truck arrived at 4pm!!!!

Normally this would not be a problem for me as I was lazing around the house, working on Ramona, sun bathing , reading and relaxing except that I had arranged to pick up the girls at noon.

I called Casa Hogar and tried to explain in my very best Spanglish that I would not be able to see the girls today but would come by tomorrow……..all on Mexican time!!!!!

This evening I went to the beautiful old theatre down town for a concert.

feb6 002 

This was a tribute band to the Buena Vista Social Club, Cuba!!!

To see this lovely old building with three tiers filled was a treat and the concert was very good.

feb6 011

For the last three numbers the crowd were on their feet dancing and swaying to the music, a pretty neat sight!!

feb6 016

A great evening.

Sara sent me these photos…this is the doctor leaving her dock.

hearts for haiti 002

The first Nation`s school organized a benefit dinner to raise money for Haiti…don`t those donuts look good!!!

hearts for haiti 005

The generosity and kindness of people all over the world never ceases to amaze me…here in the remote part of Vancouver Island a quite impoverished Native community is raising money for those less fortunate themselves…..the world is good!!!!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

And I thought I was your new best friend...
I hope you took note of those dance moves.....that'll be us in a few short weeks.

living.boondockingmexico said...

good ole mexican time, here in florida my brother is complaining because we are always half an hour late :)

mexicokid said...

Sara no choice between you and an ugly blue bucket!! I have auditioned for the next dancing with the stars, should know soon if I won!!!
Chris nothing beats a dip in the ocean, good luck with the trailer, bets wishes to you both travel safe, Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...