Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday 27th February 2010….The Mother of all parties part 2!!!!!!

Did some laundry chores this morning before going to town to shop.  Never ceased to be amazed by the prices here.  This morning at a small local butchers shop I bought 12 eggs, 15 slices of lean bacon, 12 slices of ham, 2 rib eye steaks, 4 huge boneless chicken breasts and 24 wieners….all for the incredible equivalent of 18 dollars!!

I was dismayed to hear about the tragedy in Chile and loss of life and property.  The news of the tsunami had me driving down to the Malecon in Barra and although it is not clear in this photo the lagoon where I kayaked two days ago was effected and Barb and Frank who are staying on the canal told me it was quite remarkable to see the current come in quite rapidly.

feb27 001

The waves on the beach were bigger than normal.

feb27 006

feb27 009

feb27 007

Stopped by and watched a bit of a local soccer game

feb27 018

This little girl had her own game going on..

feb27 021

reminds me of Paola and Daniela, miss those kids!!!!!

Last year after I left SMA I came here to see my friends and we had a great party which we named the Mother of all parties.

Well today was part 2…….we all met at Joy and Colin's and of course the afternoon started with the big game….

feb27 010

feb27 012

The big winner today!!!!!

feb27 022

My friends put on an incredible spread of great food and we all had a wonderful time!!!   Even Frank behaved himself today!!!!!

feb27 025

Thank you for a great party!!!

My night shots are not very good..

feb27 031

More gold medals for Canada today!!!!

Three more days before I see Sara!!!!

 

the_championships_wimbledon_logosOn my Bucket List is to go to Wimbledon and I found out from my brother this morning that the tickets are handed out on a lottery system and that my Nephew Andy received two ticket applications and that he has given the tickets to me, thank you so much….so June 23rd 2010…Sara and I will be at Wimbledon!!!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...