Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday 19th February 2010…a beach day!!

Woke up to the sound of the surf at 8am after a good nights sleep, first time without the down comforter!!!!!

After morning cereal decided it was time for some exercise….I know from previous visits that the beach here is not good for running or even walking as the sand is very dense and the slope to the ocean is very steep, but I tried to run anyway but gave up and walked.

I walked towards the harbour wall in Barra.

feb19 001The harbour wall is right underneath the H in Harbour above.  It was a good walk and at the wall I went into the ocean and swam out a little then swam back for maybe a couple of km, then walked the rest of the way home.

The day was very sunny and warm and I then spent the early part of the afternoon, sunbathing, reading and swimming.

Then it was time for the big game!!!!

Mexican train, the famous domino game, Barb and Frank came over and we spent about 2 hours playing.

In the spirit of the Olympics I had earlier made three medals and here is the medal presentation!!!

feb19 007 You have to look really closely but you will see Frank won Canada’s 4th gold medal, I was happy to go home with silver…and check out Barb’s face!!!!!!!!!   Her medal says Dummy!!!!!!  She took it in the Olympic spirit…I think!!!   But to be on the safe side when she served me dinner later that night I quickly switched plates with Frank!!!!  It was a fun time and what better place to play Mexican train than on a beach in Mexico!!

Watched the sunset tonight,  it clouded over a little but still nice photos..

feb19 015  There is a prize for the first person to spot the pelican!!

feb19 016

feb19 018

There were some local elections taking place and this parade came past the park!

feb19 013

So yet another wonderful day in paradise, wish you were here Sara!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...